There are two very indispensable essential oils in aromatherapy that should ideally be present in almost every household - Lavender and Tea Tree. These oils have innumerable uses and can be used with any kind of dilution.
Lavender - This oil calms, soothes the skin, balances oil production, helps to heal blemishes, stimulates circulation to skin, reduces inflammation of acne and soothes nervous system.
Tea Tree - Has antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic and antiviral properties. Heals blemishes without any side effects such as dryness, itching, stinging, burning or redness. Restores energy depleted by everyday stress, reduce or alleviate mental fatigue and exhaustion. Irritating to highly sensitive skin.
Everyday uses of these two essential oils -
- Add few drops of lavender essential oil in your hot bath to calm and soothe the skin.
- A drop or two of lavender oil massaged on pressure points below ears relieves tension.
- Apply few drops of lavender oil diluted with any base oil to damp skin for best absorption.
- Dab a drop of tea tree oil, 2 or 3 times a day at the first sign of a blemish or cold sores.
- Few drops of lavender essential oil mixed with a tbsp of honey makes a lovely facial mask.
- Dilute few drops of lavender oil with olive oil and massage into damp clean skin.
- Few drops of tea tree oil in a cup of water makes a good antibacterial mouth rinse.
- A drop of tea tree oil around the gum line may help prevent or reverse gum problem.
- Baby shampoo mixed with few drops of tea tree and lavender oil makes a nice wipe solution
- Few drops of tea tree and lavender essential oils with olive oil can be apply to the diaper area.
- To massage the baby, mix few drops of lavender oil in a base of sweet almond or olive oil.
- For healthy fingernails and toenails, massage a drop of tea tree oil on the nail bed and drop under the nail too.
- Lavender oil will stop the itching and soothe insect & mosquitoes bits, stings.
- Apply few drops of diluted tea tree oil to small scratches, scraps and minor skin irritations.