1. To help a scented candle, place a drop or two of essential oil into the hot melted wax as the candle bums.
2. For tired aching muscles or arthritis, mix 1 part Deep Blue oil to 4 parts Fractionated Coconut Oil and use as massage oil.
3. Ease headache pain by rubbing a drop of Rosemary, Peppermint, or Lavender oil onto the back of your neck.
4. To blend your own massage oil, add 3-5 drops of your favorite essential oil to 1 oz. Fractionated Coconut oil.
5. Add 10 drops of your favorite oil to a box of cornstarch or baking soda and mix. Let it sit for a day. Sprinkle over the carpets on your home. Let sit for an hour and vacuum.
6. To make a natural flea collar, saturate a short piece of cord or soft rope with Melaleuca oil, roll up in a handkerchief and tie loosely around the animal’s neck.
7. Shoes can be freshened by either dropping a few drops of Geranium essential oil directly into the shoes or by placing a cotton ball dabbed with a few drops of Lemon oil into the shoes.
8. Put a couple drops of your favorite essential oil on a cotton ball and place it in your vacuum cleaner bag. Lemon or Purify are nice. Geranium helps with pet odors.
9. For good smelling towels, sheets, clothes, etc. place a few drops of your favorite essential oil onto a small piece of terry cloth and toss into the clothes dryer while drying. Add 5 drops essential oil to 1/4 cup fabric softener or water and place in the center cup of the washer.
10. Athlete’s foot? Melaleuca is great!
11. Potpourri which has lost its scent can be revived by adding a few drops of essential oil.
12. Add a few drops of essential oil to water in a spray bottle and use as an air freshener.
13. To fragrance your kitchen cabinets and drawers, place a good scent dabbed on a cotton ball into an inconspicuous comer.
14. Are mice a problem? Place several drops of Peppermint oil on a cotton ball and place at problem locations.
15. The bathroom is easily scented by placing oil-scented cotton balls in inconspicuous places, or sprinkle oils directly onto silk or dried flower arrangements or wreaths.
16. Apply Lavender oil or Melaleuca oil directly to cuts, scrapes or scratches. 1 or 2 drops will promote healing.
17. Homemade sachets are more fragrant when essential oils are blended with the flowers and herbs.
18. An essential oil dropped onto a radiator scent ring or light bulb will not only fill the room with a wonderful fragrance, but will also set a mood such as calming or uplifting (don’t put essential oil in the socket).
19. A few drops of your favorite oil or blend in the rinse water of your hand washables makes for pleasant results.
20. Melaleuca oil has been used by fishermen for years. Use a drop or two on the fingertips before baiting up. Melaleuca covers up the human scent that scares the fish away.
21. Homemade soaps are pleasant and offer therapeutic effects when scented with essential oils.
22. To lower fevers, simply rub Peppermint essential oil on the feet, neck, and forehead.
23. To dispel mosquitoes and other picnic pests, drop a few drops of Terra Shield on the melted wax of a candle or place a few drops on the hot coals.
24. 1 drop of Lemon essential oil applied directly to a wart is an effective means of elimination. Apply the essential oil daily until the wart is gone.
25. Rosemary or Peppermint promote alertness and stimulates memory. Inhale occasionally during long car trips and while reading or studying.
26. Add Cinnamon oil to furniture polish and wipe down the wood for a great fragrance
27. Overindulge last night? Essential oils of Lavender, Rosemary and Lemon help soften the effects of a hangover. Make your own blend of these oils and use a total of 6-8 drops in a bath.
28. Essential oils of Cypress, Frankincense and Myrrh all make wonderful firewood oil. Drop approximately 2-3 drops of oil or blend of your choice on a dried log and allow time for the oil to soak in before putting the log on the fire.
29. Add 1 drop Geranium oil to your facial moisturizer to bring out a radiant glow in your skin.
30. A wonderful massage blend for babies is 1 drop Wild Orange, 1 drop Lavender, and 1 drop Geranium diluted in 2 Tablespoons Fractionated Coconut oil.
31. Flies and moths dislike Lavender oil. Sprinkle it on the outside of your window frames.
32. Place 1 or 2 drops of Lavender on your pillow and 2 drops to the bottom of each foot before retiring for restful sleep.
33. Ideal scents for the bedroom are Geranium, Lavender or Lemon.
34. One drop of Lemon essential oil on a soft cloth will polish copper with a gentle buffing.
35. When washing out the fridge, freezer or oven, add 1 drop of Lemon or Wild Orange essential oil to the final rinse water.
36. For burns or scalds, drop Lemon or Melaleuca oil directly on the effected area.
37. Place 1 drop of Peppermint oil in 1/2 glass of water, sip slowly to aid digestion and relieve upset stomach.
38. Use 1 drop of Melaleuca or On Guard oil on a washcloth wrapped ice cube to relieve teething pain in children.
39. Six to eight drops of Eucalyptus oil in the bath cools the body in summer and protects in winter.
40. Place 1 or 2 drops of Rosemary on your hair brush before brushing to promote growth and thickness.
41. When the flu is going around add a few drops of Thyme to your diffuser or simmer in a pan on the stove.
42. To bring fever down, sponge the body with cool water to which 1 drop each of Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Lavender oils have been added.
43. The blend of Lavender and Lemon oil is good for the office. Lavender creates a calm tranquil atmosphere while Lemon stimulates the senses and clears up stale air.
44. A blend of Geranium, Lavender and Wild Orange alleviates anxiety and depression. Use in a room diffuser or 6-8 drops of this blend in the bath.
45. Apply a drop of lemon 1-4 times per day on a canker sore to neutralize and repair it.
Article Directory: http://www.articledashboard.com