Essential oils work on the central nervous system. When they’re inhaled they effect the mood centers of your brain and when they’re massaged onto your skin, hey enter your bloodstream and cell tissues and are carried to every part of your body. They react with body chemistry in a way that’s similar to drugs but slower and with fewer side effects. A lot of research has shown how oils can have significant effect on our brain activity, alertness and moods. The right oils can relax the mind and body, control stress and relieve pain as well beat insomnia and particularly when combined with massage.
But for a quick and easy way to prepare your body for sleep, you can’t beat an aromatherapy bath just putting calming essential oils into a worm bath about 40 minutes before you go to bed. A fall in temperature is one of the triggers for sleep so you’ll feel all warm and relaxed after 40 minutes later you’ll be already to shut down. You bath should be warm enough to relax aching muscles and ease tension, but not too hot as this will make the oil evaporate more quickly.
The Oils Every Insomnia Should Own
Opt for oils than have a relaxing rather than invigorating aroma. Always dilute essential oils in carrier oil such as sweet almond or grapeseed with the exception of tea tree and lavender as they’ll burn your skin if applied neat. The ideal strength id five to six drop of essential oil to one tablespoon of carrier oil. Always do a patch test before massaging into your skin
- Geranium – This oil strengthens the adrenal glands which work overtime when you’re stressed. Combine with rosemary for maximum impact. For the best effect, add a few drops to your bath or listen to some music and put some drops in an oil burner.
- Lavender – It’s the oil most often used for sleep problems as it helps reduce stress, anxiety and depression. Sprinkle a couple of drops on a tissue and inhale or, after a long, hard day put a few drops on your pillow to aid sleep.
- Frankincense – This oil is greater a aphrodisiac if you want to get in the mood for sex. Have a bath together and add a few drops with sandalwood and hint of jasmine to liven up your libido.
- Ylang ylang – This is also an aphrodisiac, but a sedative too so if the sex doesn’t relax you the calming properties of this oil will. Add a couple of drops in a vaporizes for a soothing aroma.
- Chamomile – This calms the central nervous system and induces sleep. It’s also a gentle antidepressant and stress reliever. Add a few drops of the oil to your bath.
As you sink into a warm candlelit aromatherapy bath all the stresses of the day become a distant memory. Essential oils have the power to change the way you feel physically and emotionally even some hospitals now use lavender oil to promote sleep.
Insomnia can be affected by many of factors like stress, depression, sickness, drug, and some bad lifestyle. One of the root cause is the partner who sleep beside you was the reason that make you insomnia. For info please visit this article Insomnia Cure Blog ,& Natural Insomnia Cure.