Pure Lavender Essential Oil is often referred to as the Mother of Essential Oils because it is so versatile. Therapeutic-grade pure lavender essential oil has been highly regarded for the skin. Pure Lavender Essential Oil has been clinically evaluated for its relaxing effects. It may be used to cleanse cuts, bruises, and skin irritations. The fragrance is calming, relaxing and balancing - physically and emotionally.
Picking the right Lavender Essential Oil
You can find lavender essential oil in many different stores and online. If you are going to use your lavender essential oil only as a fragrance you are probably ok to use any type of essential oil you like and enjoy the fragrance.
However if you plan to use your Pure Lavender Essential Oil as a natural alternative to help with health and your putting it on your body you need to use Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Lavender Essential Oil. It will cost slightly more then lower quality but you will know it is pure and of the highest quality and safe to use.
Below Are Some Common Uses of Pure Lavender Essential Oil
* Rubbing it on the feet may cause a calming effect on the body.
* Rubbing a drop of it on your palms and smoothed on your pillow may help you sleep.
* Putting a drop on a bee sting or insect bite may soothe the itching, stinging and discomfort.
* Putting 2-3 drops on a minor burn may soothe it.
* Dropping it on a cut may soothe it.
* Rubbing it on dry or chapped skin may bring relief.
* Rubbing a drop chapped or sunburned lips may help discomfort.
* Rubbing a drop between your palms and inhaling deeply may help in alleviating the discomfit of air borne pollen and/or dust.
* Rubbing several drops into the scalp may help with flaking.
* Placing a few drops of on a cotton ball and placing in your linen closet to scent the linens and may help repel moths and insects.
* Placing a drop in your water fountain may help to scent the air, help sanitize and prolong the time between cleanings.
* Placing a few drops on a wet cloth and throwing into the dryer, can help to deodorize and freshen your laundry.
* Diffusing it may support the body's natural defenses against air borne sensitivities to the skin and immune system.
* Spritzing several drops of it mixed with distilled water on sunburn may help soothe it.
* Dropping it on a cut may help clean the wound, sanitize and soothe it.
* Applying 2-3 drops to a rash may help soothe the skin.