Lavender oil had been used for thousands of years and was popular in the Roman baths. There are many uses for lavender oil, which here is the editor's favorites.
1) To relieve menstrual pain, massage your lower back and abdomen with diluted lavender oil. Lavender is a natural anti-inflammatory and it contains pain-relieving properties making this essential oil a natural for menstrual pains. It also balances your spirits.
2) Lavender oil is a very good way to promote relaxation and even soothe headaches.
3) If you are discovering the summer season to be rather a hectic time, you may want to consider slowing down and helping yourself find balance with the use of a high-grade lavender essential oil. You can expect restful and utterly relaxing sleep accompanied by vivid dreaming as a result of the intoxicating lavender oil.
4) Rub lavender oil on the feet for a calming effect on the whole body.
5) Rub lavender oil on dry or chapped skin for a hydrating boost.
6) If you're interested in natural protection from mosquito bites, try lavender essential oil, diluted in a base of some other kind of oil, say for instance, jojoba oil or grape seed oil.
7) Hair and Skin-Just a little Lavender
After shampooing your hair, make your own rinse to help dull or oily hair. Take a jug of mineral water, a few drops of lavender oil and add fresh lemon juice. Let mixture set to blend. Rub into hair and scalp after shampoo is rinsed out thoroughly. Massage scalp into roots of hair and work your way to the end. Rinse out in 10 minutes.
8) Lavender helps to balance production of oils and prevents scarring.
9) Treat pimples by dipping a cotton ball or Q-tips dabbing them lightly am or pm with lavender oil until the problem is resolved.
10) Lavender also soothing for sunburn
As always consult your physician before using any herbal remedies.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Linda_DiMarco