Aromatherapy oils in various home remedies –
1. For cellulite – Make a blend a four drops of juniper, four drops of fennel and four drops of lemon oils in 4 fl oz (100 ml) of a carrier oil. Massage this into the cellulite affected areas daily after your bath, when the skin is warm and receptive.
2. For sunstroke – Add four drops of juniper, four drops of fennel and four drops of peppermint oil to a cool bath. Soak for 15 minutes. Then, rub a little neat lavender oil into your temples at regular intervals. The bath will help to reduce your temperature and the lavender oil helps your headache.
3. Dry or cracked lips – Make up a carrier oil of 2 fl oz (50 ml) apricot kernel oil and 2 fl oz (50 ml) of avocado oil. Add six drops of sandalwood and six drops of rose oil. Rub this to the lips, repeating the application regularly.
4. For sunburn – f the sunburned area is small, apply the lavender oil and repeat as necessary. If the area is large, add twenty drops of lavender oil to a cool bath and soak for 10-20 minutes. You can make a soothing spray by adding 10 drops of lavender oil to 1 pint (300 ml) of cool, clean water.
5. Small cuts – Apply lavender or tea tree oil to the cut. These are both antiseptic and don’t sting.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
About the Author
Read more about aromatherapy, ayurveda, yoga and massage therapy at Natural cures website – a health guide to make you and your family live better, fit and healthy. Also read the benefits of anti-aging herb Shilajit and stress relieving herb Ashwagandha.
Article Directory: http://www.articlerich.com